Calendar of EventsWhat's happening in Paris and Henry County, TN
- NOVEMBER 1 – A delicious yearly tradition, the Carl Perkins Pancake Day will be at First Baptist Church, 7 am-2 pm, with all-you-can-eat yummy pancakes and sausage. Pre-Sale tickets are $8; $10 at the door. Call 731-642-8455.
- NOVEMBER 1 – Lifeline Blood Mobile is open from 12-6 pm at First United Methodist Church. Call Tammy Hurst at 1-800-924-6572 extension 310 for more information.
- NOVEMBER 2 – Antioch UMC 13thAnnual Bazaar/Bake/Chili/Soup/ Hot Dog/Luncheon. Head up to First United Methodist Church on Blythe Street and enjoy the bazaar and bake sale from 10 am-2 pm; the luncheon from 11 am- 1:30 pm for only $7. For more information, call 731-642-4764.
- NOVEMBER 2 4 – It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in festive Downtown Paris Candlelight Open Houses! Friday and Saturday, 6-8 pm; Sunday from 1-5 pm. For more information, call 731-653-PARIS or go to VisitDowntownParis.com.
- NOVEMBER 8 – Get out and enjoy a new movie and help the community. It’s $2 Movie Night & Food Drive at The Parisian Theatre. Just bring $2 and two canned goods. For more information, call 731-642-1696.
- NOVEMBER 6 – Election Day. Exercise your right to vote.
- NOVEMBER 10 – Veteran’s Day Celebration at the Krider Performing Arts Center, 2 pm. There’ll be music, a speaker and a special presentation to Barry Hart that you won’t want to miss. FREE to all. For more information, call 731-644-2517.
- NOVEMBER 10 – “A Hot Time in the Ol’ Town Tonight” Chili Cook-off , First United Methodist Church, 5-7:30 pm in the church’s Christian Life Center, 101 E. Blythe Street. Live music, games for the kids, door prizes, and fellowship also featured. Proceeds go to Kenya Mission Trip. Call 731-642-4764 for more info.
- NOVEMBER 10 11 – Head out to the 11th Annual Christmas In Paris Shopping Extravaganza at the Paris Conven on Center. Saturday 9am-5 pm; Sunday 12-4 pm. Admission is free! For more information, contact Megan Amburgey at 731-363-5170.
- NOVEMBER 11 – Veterans Day. Thank a Veteran and remember those who fought for our freedom.
- NOVEMBER 12 19 – Operation Christmas Child Collection Week at First Baptist Church. Kick off the holiday season by giving back. For more information, contact Pam Moultrie at 731-642-7893 or 731-642-5074.
- NOVEMBER 13 – Join the Paris Lakeway Kiwanis for the 19th Annual Mexican Dinner at the Paris Conven- on Center from 10:30 am-1:30 pm and 4-7 pm. Tickets are $10. For more information, call 731-642-3273.
- NOVEMBER 14 15 – Henry County FCE Club presents Homemaker’s Holiday at the Enoch Building at the Fairgrounds. 3-6 pm on the 14th; 9 am-1 pm the 15th. Lots of goodies to buy, and on Thursday, they’ll have a Soup & Sandwich Luncheon, 11 am-1 pm, complete with dessert and drink for only $5.
- NOVEMBER 16 – Athena Delphians Annual Bake Sale on the Courthouse lawn. Starts at 11 am and continues until all the goodies are gone. For more information, call 731-653-7274.
- NOVEMBER 21 23 – Thanksgiving break for city and county schools. NOVEMBER 22 – Thanksgiving Day. Be thankful, celebrate, and spend time with your loved ones and friends.
- NOVEMBER 23 – Downtown Paris Association hosts North Pole Family Fun Day from 10 am-2 pm. Enjoy Santa, Rudolph and the Elves rolling in on a fire truck, craft booths, readings of The Polar Express at the Old Depot (Vicky Muzzall’ s Tax Service) and more. For information, log onto www.VisitDowntownParis.com.
- NOVEMBER 24 – Head downtown to Lura Lee’s of Paris Gift Shoppe and enjoy an afternoon with the live Elf on a Shelf from 12-2 pm. For more information, call 731-407-9400.
- NOVEMBER 28 – Worship in downtown Paris churches during the annual Candlelight Advent Walk at 6:30 pm. For more information, call 731-653-PARIS.
- NOVEMBER 30, December 1-2 – Our Savior is Born: A Living Nativity at New Harmony Baptist Church, 6-9 pm nightly. Remember the reason for the season and start it off right with a beautiful drive through this community treasure. For more information, call 731-593-5276.
- NOVEMBER 30 – DECEMBER 1- Join the KPAC Young Artists Theatre for their performance of Elf Jr. The Musical at 7 pm both nights at the Krider. For more information, call 731-644-2517.
- DECEMBER 1 – Inman Middle School PAC is hosting the 4th Annual Mistletoe Market in the Inman gym with over 25 booths from local small businesses and crafters from 10 am- 4 pm. This would be a great place to do some early Christmas shopping and find those one-of-a-kind gifts. For more information, call 731-642-8131.
- DECEMBER 2 – Join the fine folks at Paris First United Methodist Church for the First Sunday of Advent and the traditional “Hanging of the Greens” at 8:30 am and 11 am. For more information, call 642-4764.
- DECEMBER 2 – Get out and enjoy the 51st Annual Community Christmas Concert at First Bap st Church. Admission is free. Call 731-642-3955.
- DECEMBER 4 – Join the folks at W. G. Rhea Library and build your own gingerbread house from 5-7 pm. For more information, call 731-642-1702.
- DECEMBER 4 20 – Festival of Trees will light up Downtown Paris! Located in the Paris Five & Dime Store (formerly Murray-McKenzie Jewelry Store), 110 W. Washington Street. Tuesday-Friday, 11-4 pm; Saturdays, 10 am-2 pm; Sundays, 1-4 pm. Call 731-653-7274 for more information.
- DECEMBER 6 – Take me out of your busy schedule to give back. Visit the Lifeline Blood Mobile at First United Methodist Church, 12pm-6pm.
- DECEMBER 8 – Lee Academy Holiday Bazaar from 9 am – 4 pm. For more information, call 731-642-3411.
- DECEMBER 8 – Downtown Sketch Crawl from 3-4 pm. Go to www.Visit- DowntownParis.com for more details.
- DECEMBER 8 – Downtown Paris Associa on sponsors the Downtown Christmas Festival, 3-5 pm; Holly Jolly Electric Parade, 5 pm. Awards include Clark Griswold, Golf Cart, Cutest Critter, and Best Decorated. (This event combines the Christmas parade and Santa’s Last Blast.) Go to www.Visit- DowntownParis.com for details and entry information.
- DECEMBER 15 – Merry Grinchmas! Southside Cafe Community Appreciation Christmas Party starts at 5 pm at the Henry County Fairgrounds. Free to all! For information, call 731-407-4694. December 19-January 2 – Joyeux Noel! Winter Break for all schools.
- DECEMBER 21 – Polar Express at W.G. Rhea Library. So much fun with train rides, crafts, hot cocoa and snacks, cookie decorating, reindeer games, and SANTA! 5:30-7:30 pm. It’s all FREE! For information call 731-642-1702.
- DECEMBER 23 – First Baptist Church’s Candlelight Communion Service in the sanctuary at 6 pm. For more information, call 731-642-5074.
- DECEMBER 24 – Christmas Eve Worship Services are held at many area churches. Programs include carols, special music, Christmas messages and communion. Call churches for information.
- DECEMBER 25 – Have a blessed Merry Christmas!
- JANUARY 1 – HAPPY NEW YEAR! It’s me to make those resolutions for 2019!
- JANUARY 1 – Take a cold dunk for a great cause! Shiver on the River is at Paris Landing Marina’s boat launch ramp. Proceeds benefit REAL Hope Youth Center. Call 731-333-1320 for more details.
Ongoing Holiday Entertainment
- VISIT WITH SANTA – Stop by and let Santa entertain your wee guests at his gingerbread house in Downtown Paris on the Square. November 25-December 17 on Saturdays from 10 am-2 pm and Sundays from 2-4 pm.
- PLAY INSIDE – The Paris Civic Center has an indoor pool, track, weights, and fitness machines. Pay by the visit or become a member. Located on Volunteer Drive. Call 731-644-2517.
- LEARN ABOUT YOUR HEALTH – Henry County Medical Center offers monthly seminars including Chronic Disease Management Screenings, Childbirth Education, and many more. All are free but you must pre-register by calling 731-644-3463.
- POPCORN ANYONE? – It’s holiday movie me! Enjoy a night out at the Parisian Theatre with nightly shows on six screens and matinees on Saturday and Sunday. For more information and movie schedules call 731-642-7171.
- WINE, WINE, WINE – Make a day of it and go wine tasting at Paris Winery. It will be beautifully decorated for the holidays and pick out a few gift baskets for friends while you’re there. For more information call 731-644-9500.
Get in Touch
Contact us if you have questions about what PARIS! magazine can do for you.