Calendar of EventsWhat's happening in Paris and Henry County, TN
- Come play inside – The Paris Civic Center has an indoor pool, track, weights and fitness machines. Pay by the visit or become a member. Located on Volunteer Drive. For more information, call 731-644-2517.
- Pickin’ n’ Grinnin’ – Jam with fellow country music lovers or just listen in at the Civic Center every Tuesday (except the second Tuesday) and Friday night at 7 pm. Call 731-641-7577 or 731-641-0562 for information.
- Get Artsy – Learn to create pottery, play an instrument, sing, paint, and much more. Visit www.schoolforthearts.com.
- Latest Films – Enjoy six screens and the latest movie releases at the Parisian Theatre on Jim Adams Drive. Info line is 731-642-7171.
- Learn about your health – Henry County Medical Center offers FREE monthly seminars/screenings including Cardiac Rehab Nutrition, Shopping Smart, Joint Replacement, Chronic Disease Management, Childbirth, Medicare and more. Participants must pre-register at 731-644-3463 or www.hcmc-tn.org.
- Need a good book to read? – Head over to the W.G. Rhea Public Library. You can find something to read, check out a DVD, or find something cool for the kiddos to do. Get ready for the summer Reading Program! For more information call 731-642-1702.
- Let’s Go Fishin’– Paris Landing Marina has lots of Fishing Tournaments coming up! So grab a pole and head out to beautiful Kentucky Lake. For more information contact Rob Marcum at 731-641-4474.
- MARCH 8 – APRIL 3 – Paris Henry County Arts Council hosts Captured Moments: 28th Annual Photography Show at the W.G. Rhea Library. Admission is free. Call 731-642-3955 for more information.
- MARCH 17 – St. Patty’s Day Luncheon at First Christian Church. For great food and fellowship, stop by 11 am – 1 pm. For information, call 731-642-3181.
- MARCH 17 – St. Patrick’s Day Dinner at The Old 5 & 10 Events Center. Starts at 6 pm, but you’ll need a reservation. Call 731-336-0278 for more information.
- MARCH 21 – What a great way to start off the warmer months! Head out to Paris Landing State Park for a Spring Hike! Enjoy a moderate 3-mile hike while enjoying breathtaking views. Free for all; fur babies welcome. 9:00-10:30 am. For more information, contact Ranger Lowry at 731-641-4465.
- MARCH 23-27– Spring Break for all the kids in the Henry County School System and the Paris Special School District.
- MARCH 28 – Fishing for Beginners at the Paris Landing State Park. Meet Ranger Jeff Utley at the Visitor’s Center at 10:30 am and find out what all the fuss is about. He’ll have you catching catfish in no time! Cost is $5.00. For information, call 731-641-4425.
- APRIL 2 – Head over to Farm Bureau on Poplar St. and join them as they host Henry County Medical Center with a free community health screening from 8:30-10:30 am. For more information, call 731-642-9082.
- APRIL 2 – Lie down, give blood, save a life. Lifeline Bloodmobile is at First United Methodist Church from noon – 6:00 pm.
- APRIL 3-4 – Downtown Paris Association’s “April in Paris” Spring Open House in beautiful Downtown Paris. Be on the lookout for special prices and activities at all the unique stores. For information call 731-653-7274.
- APRIL 4 – Confederate Railroad will be performing at KPAC at 7 pm. Tickets are on sale for $35/General Admission or $50/Premier Seating. For more information call 731-644-2517.
- APRIL 4 – 5th Annual “Light Up The Night” 1 mile glow walk and sky lantern release presented by Easton’s Angels. Events kick off at 5 pm, Henry County Fairgrounds. Come dressed in your best glow attire and enjoy the bake sale, games, inflatables and raffle, or have your picture made with characters. Also, the Ray Lewis Band will play and there
will be plenty of food. For more information check out Easton’s Angels on Facebook.
- APRIL 4 – Get out to the 2020 Henry County Celebrity Waiter Dinner at the First United Methodist Church Life Center from 6-9 pm. All proceeds benefit Relay For Life. For more information, call 731-642-4764 or check out the Henry County Relay For Life Facebook page.
- APRIL 5-MAY 1 – Paris Henry County Arts Council presents the 35th Annual Artist Showcase at the Lee School for the Arts. Admission is free. For information, call 731-642-3955.
- APRIL 5 – Palm Sunday
- APRIL 6-10 – Holy Week Services are held each day at noon at a local church. Brief services followed by a light lunch. For information, call 731-642-4681 or 731-642-5074.
- APRIL 9 – Teen Glow in the Dark Egg Hunt at W.G. Rhea Library from 7:30- 8:30 pm. For more information, call 731-642-1702.
- APRIL 10 – Good Friday!
- April 12 – Happy Easter! Rejoice, He is risen!
- APRIL 12 – Easter Sunrise Service is on the front steps of First United Methodist Church. Breakfast, contemporary, and traditional services follow throughout the morning. Call 731-642-4764
- APRIL 16 & 17 – Masquerade Jewelry & Accessories Sale all day on the ground floor of Henry County Medical Center to benefit the HCMC Auxiliary. Beautiful jewelry at rock bottom prices. Support a fine group of volunteers that use these funds for scholarships and purchasing items for the hospital.Every item priced at only $5. For more information, call 731-644-8531.
- APRIL 18 – Carl Perkins Center Cast-N-Blast Fishing/Hunting Event at the Paris Landing State Park Marina. For more information, call 731-642-8455.
- APRIL 18-26 – World’s Biggest Fish Fry! See events schedule on the inside back cover! Don’t forget to hug those hard-working Jaycees!
- APRIL 18 – World’s Biggest Fish Fry 5K Hushpuppy Dash is at 8 a.m. at Henry County High School. Register at 7 am; entry fee $20.00 or $15.00 if preregistered. Call 731-644-1143. See complete events schedule on the inside back cover of magazine.
- APRIL 18 – The Henry County Fairgrounds is a happenin’ place! Head on out for the Demolition Derby at 7pm. For more information call 731-644-1143.
- APRIL 22 – Administrative Professional’s Day
- APRIL 22 – Fish, fi sh and more fi sh! The all-you-can-eat FISH TENT OPENS at the Henry County Fairgrounds, 5-9 pm. Adults: $12/children: $8. After you eat, head over and check out the carnival!
- APRIL 24 – No School! PSSD and Henry County Schools are closed to celebrate the World’s Biggest Fish Fry Parade that begins at 10:00 am.
- APRIL 25 – Small Fry Parade at 10 am in beautiful downtown Paris, followed immediately by the Catfish Races at 10:30 am on the courthouse lawn.
- MAY 1 – Spring Gathering Luncheon at First United Methodist Church. 11 am-1 pm in the Christian Life Center. Tickets available at the door; dine in or take out. For more information, all 731-642-4764.
- MAY 1 – What’s more fun than S’mores on the Shore? Join Hannah Bauman at the Paris Landing State Park’s lakeside fire pit from 4 -5 pm for food and fun! For more information, call 731-641-4465.
- MAY 2 – Antioch United Methodist Church’s annual yard sale for missions. Plus enjoy their famous grilled jumbo hotdogs! 7:30 am – 2:00 pm, church located at 3116 West Antioch Rd.
- MAY 4-8 – Don’t forget to thank a teacher during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- MAY 5 – Enjoy a Cinco de Mayo Dinner at The Old 5 & 10 at 6 pm. Reservations needed. For information, call 731-336-0278.
- MAY 7 – National Day of Prayer
- MAY 7 – Don’t forget; save a life today! Stop by First United Methodist Church and visit the Lifeline Bloodmobile from noon to 6 pm.
- MAY 8 – Dress up those special little girls in your lives and head to W. G. Rhea Public Library for a special evening with Fancy Nancy. Registration is required by calling 731-642-1702.
- MAY 10 – It’s Mother’s Day.
- MAY 15 – Congratulations grads! Henry County High School graduation. For more information, call 731-642-5232.
- MAY 16 – Diane McIntosh sings a tribute to the Legendary Ladies of Soul at KPAC at 7 pm. Tickets are $25 in advance. For more information, call 731-644-2517.
- MAY 21 – Summer break begins with an abbreviated day for the kiddos in the Paris Special School District.
- MAY 22 – Summer break is here! The last day of school for everyone in the Henry County School System.
- MAY 23 – Start the weekend off with an Overnight Kayak Tour to Camp Hazelwood! Meet at the TVA Access at noon; return Sunday around 10 am. Kayaking, tents, dinner, breakfast, water, snacks, hiking…what more could you ask for? For information, contact Ranger Regina Lowry at 731-641-4465.
- MAY 25 – Memorial Day! Remember our Veterans. Be sure and at end the various scheduled events for our heroes around town. For more information call 731-642-5212 or 731-653-PARIS.
- MAY 28 – Get out and enjoy the beautiful cars at the Downtown Cruise In at 5:30pm. For more information call 731-653-PARIS or log onto www.VisitDowntownParis.com.
- JUNE 1 – PARIS! In the Summer is out!!! Visit MyParisMagazine.com for distribution locations.
Get in Touch
Contact us if you have questions about what PARIS! magazine can do for you.