Calendar of EventsWhat's happening in Paris and Henry County, TN
- AUGUST 17 – Jim Stafford in concert at the Krider Performing Arts Center at 7:30 pm. General admission tickets and VIP meet & greet tickets available. For more information call 731-644-2517.
- AUGUST 24 – Head to Paris Landing State Park and enjoy a kayaking adventure from the park to Camp Hazelwood where you can camp overnight. There will be food and take an owl prowl that night. It runs from 10 am – 10 am and there is a small fee. To find out more contact Regina Lowry at 731-641-4465.
- AUGUST 27 – Downtown Cruise-In at 5:30 pm. Bring your classic car or truck and have a good time listening to “The Old Spirits.” For more information log on to www.VisitDowntownParis.com.
- tiPTEMBER 2 – LABOR DAY! Hats off to our country’s workforce. No school for PSSD or Henry County Schools.
- SEPTEMBER 5 – Give Blood and Save a Life! Lifeline Blood Mobile will visit First United Methodist Church from noon until 6 pm. For more information call 1-800-924-6572 extension 310.
- SEPTEMBER 6 – Show your BIG RED PRIDE at the first home football game of the season at Henry County High School. HCHS vs. Dyer County, 7 pm. For more information call 731-642-9733.
- SEPTEMBER 6 – It’s Noon on the Square, 11:30 am-1 pm, sponsored by Commercial Bank. Concessions available. So bring a lawn chair and a friend to beautiful downtown Paris. For more information call 731-642-3341.
- SEPTEMBER 7 – Relay for Life starts at 5 pm on the courthouse lawn downtown. For more information on participating or the evening full of events call 731-512-5003.
- SEPTEMBER 7 & 8 – Looking for fun this weekend? Head to the lake for the Arts and Crafts Festival from 10 am-5 pm each day.
- SEPTEMBER 8 – Grandparent’s Day so hug your Nanny or Papaw!
- SEPTEMBER 8 – Paris-Henry County Heritage Center will have a display for PSSD’s 100th Anniversary with an opening reception. Exhibit all month.
- SEPTEMBER 9 – Need a little playtime? Join the fun at the W. G. Rhea Library for LEGO Free Play from 3:30-4:30 pm. For information call 731-642-1702.
- SEPTEMBER 13 – Enjoy a little music at Noon on the Square, 11:30 am-1 pm sponsored by Commercial Bank. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy this autumn tradition. Call 731-642-3341 for information.
- SEPTEMBER 14 – Stop by KPAC and watch “Love Ain’t Supposed To Hurt” at 6 pm. It’s a powerful theatrical performance by Kingdom Keys Entertainment addressing domestic violence. Tickets are $20. For more information call 731-644-2517.
- SEPTEMBER 19 – PSSD 100th Anniversary Homecoming at the Inman Middle School vs. Henry County Middle School football game. There will be tailgates that coincide with the Rhea School tailgate. Food, fun, and a photo booth will be available. Former PSSD staff and students will be invited on to the football field at halftime.
- SEPTEMBER 20 & 21 – Head downtown to the Bavarian Oktoberfest! This new event will be from 5 to 9 pm with dinner served at 6 pm in The Old Paris 5 & 10 Event Center located at 110 West Washington Street. Miss D’s Kitchen will be catering the event. Advance tickets are required as seating is limited to 60 each night. Tickets are $30 and include dinner and a cash beer garden. Call 731-336-0278 for tickets.
- SEPTEMBER 20 – Noon on the Square from 11:30 am-1 pm, sponsored by Commercial Bank. Bring a lawn chair and a camera. For more information call 731-642-3341.
- SEPTEMBER 20 & 21 – Operation Christmas Child Yard Sale, First Baptist Church gymnasium. Feel free to donate or come buy a bunch for a good cause. For information call 731-642-5074.
- SEPTEMBER 24 – Downtown Cruise-In at 5:30 pm. Bring your classic car or truck and have a good time listening to “The Chill Tonics” and enjoy Perry’s delicious Barbeque. For information log on to www.VisitDowntownParis.com.
- SEPTEMBER 27 – Come out for the last Noon on the Square, 11:30 am -1 pm on the courthouse lawn, sponsored by Commercial Bank. Concessions available. Call 731-642-3341.
- SEPTEMBER 27 – Homecoming at HCHS! Several classes plan to tailgate for 50th Anniversary prior to the 7:30 pm kick-off. Special recognitions will take place during the game.
- SEPTEMBER 28 – Arts ‘Round the Square is downtown from 9 am- 4 pm. This event will fill the lawn with artists creating and selling their pottery, woodcarvings, jewelry, mixed media, fiber art, photographs, sculptures and canvas art. Children can also get in touch with their inner artist at KidsZone Live! For more information log on to www.Visit-DowntownParis.com.
- SEPTEMBER 28 – HCHS All Classes Alumni Gala, an event open to all HCHS alumni, educators, and guests at the Henry County Fairgrounds with doors opening at 5 pm, dinner and program at 6 pm, and dancing afterward. Tickets: $25 per person available at the main office of HCHS from 8:00 am-2:00 pm, Monday through Friday. 400 tickets will be sold on first-come basis.
- SEPTEMBER 29 – HCHS 50th Anniversary Open House will take place from 2-4 pm. The Little Theater will be renamed the Linda Wilson Miller Theater with ceremony at 2 pm. Time capsule burial at 3 pm. Tours of the building and exhibit will be available.
- OCTOBER 3 – Lifeline Blood Mobile is open from 12-6 pm at First United Methodist Church. Call Tammy Hurst at 1-800-924-6572, extension 310, for more information.
- October 3 – Community Health Screening by HCMC at Farm Bureau, 8:30-10:30 am. For more information call 731-642-1220.
- OCTOBER 5 & 6 – Paris Century Bike Ride starts at 7 am at Paris Landing Conference Center. Showcases the best of Henry and Stewart counties. With four distances to choose from each day, there’s a ride for everyone. Pre-registration is required. For more information call Heather Spiva at 615-306-0611.
- OCTOBER 5 – Oktoberfest is at the Henry County Fairgrounds, 11 am- 7 pm! Don’t miss the booths, games, funnel cakes, silent auction, petting zoo, bake sale, homestyle German meal, authentic Mexican meals and much more. Brought to you by Holy Cross Catholic Church. Call 731-642-4681 for info.
- OCTOBER 14-18 – Take a break! It’s Fall Break for kids in the Henry County School System and the PSSD. For more information call 731-642-9733 or 731-642-9322, respectively.
- OCTOBER 14 – Need a little playtime? Join the fun at the W. G. Rhea Library for LEGO Free Play from 3:30-4:30 pm. For information call 731-642-1702.
- OCTOBER 19 – Spooktacular, 12-3 pm. Grab a costume and come to downtown Paris for the FREE events featuring silly fortune tellers, activity booths, trick or treating with the merchants and costume contests for kids, adults and even pets! For more information go to www.VisitDowntownParis.com .
- OCTOBER 19 – Legends of the Ladies of Soul featuring Grammy nominated Diane McIntosh will perform at the Krider Performing Arts Center at 7 pm. Tickets are $25 in advance. For more information call 731-644-2517.
- OCTOBER 25 & 26 – Get out and enjoy the KPAC Young Artists as they perform “Sleepy Hollow” at the Krider at 7 pm Friday and 3 pm Saturday. For more information call 731-644-2517.
- OCTOBER 26 – Halloween Show at the W. G. Rhea Library from 2-4 pm. For more information call 731-642-1702.
- OCTOBER 31 – It’s HALLOWEEN! Watch out for those little ghosts and goblins on your way home from work.
- GO TEAMS! – Support the PSSD’s and Henry County School System’s talented sports teams. Call individual schools for up-to-date schedules. Don’t forget Saturday mornings are “kicking” with sports too! Upward Flag Football at Eiffel Tower Park (731-642-5074) and Paris Soccer at McNeil Park (731-333-9464).
- COME PLAY INSIDE – The Paris Civic Center has an indoor pool, track, weights, and fitness machines. Pay by the visit or become a member. Located on Volunteer Drive. Call 731-644-2517.
- PICKIN’ ‘N GRINNIN’– Jam with fellow country music lovers or just listen in at the Civic Center on Volunteer Drive. Call Bob Perry at 731-641-7577.
- THROW A POT! – Lee Academy for the Arts has all sorts of classes from painting to pottery to dance. Visit them at www.SchoolForTheArts.org
- LEARN ABOUT HEALTH – Henry County Medical Center offers monthly seminars including Chronic Disease Management Screenings, Childbirth Education and many more. All are free but you must pre-register by calling 731-644-3463.
- POPCORN ANYONE? – Enjoy a new movie at the Parisian Theatre with nightly shows on six screens and matinees also on Saturday and Sunday. For more information and movie schedules call 731-642-7171.
Get in Touch
Contact us if you have questions about what PARIS! magazine can do for you.