Calendar of EventsWhat's happening in Paris and Henry County, TN
- Make volunteering your New Year’s resolution this year. Call the Volunteer Center at 731-642-3431 and sign up for one of the many spots that could use you.
- Popcorn Anyone? – Enjoy a night out at the Parisian Theatre with nightly shows on six screens and matinees on Saturday and Sunday. For more information and movie schedules call 731-642-7171.
- Pickin’ N Grinnin’ – Jam with fellow country music lovers or just listen in at the Civic Center on Volunteer Drive. For information, call Bob Perry at 731-641-7577.
- No blades and ice; just wheels and wood – Enjoy skating at Paris Wheels Skating Center. Call 731-642-2245.
- Henry County Medical Center’s free seminars/screenings including Shopping Smart, Chronic Disease Management, Childbirth Education and many more. To pre-register or for more information, call 731-644-3463.
- Get Artsy – Learn to play an instrument, sing, paint, create poetry and more at Lee Academy for the Arts. Visit www.schoolforarts.com for more information.
- Play Inside – The Paris Civic Center has an indoor pool, track, weights, and fitness machines. Pay by the visit or become a member. For more information, call 731-644-2517.
- Warm Up with a Good Book – W.G. Rhea Public Library always has something going on. Internet/phone classes, children’s and teens’ craft sessions and movies, and, of course, BOOKS galore. Call for more information, 731-642-1702.
- JANUARY 6 – School students in the Paris Special School District and Henry County School System head back to school today!
- JANUARY 6 – You’ve waited all year, now Helping Hand Radio Auction is back through February 26. Auction begins at 12:30 pm. Check the calendar on pages 34-35 in this issue for your organization, club, church or neighborhood.
- JANUARY 20 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day! No school in Paris and Henry County. Start your day off with a special breakfast at Central School and then a march downtown in honor of Dr. King. For more information, contact Brother Joe Rawls at 731-644-9520.
- JANUARY 25 – What’s more fun than making a quilt together on a cold winter’s day? Learn the historic art at the 1850s String Quilt Workshop, 11 am to 3 pm, at the Land Between The Lakes’ Homeplace. $25 registration fee, class size limited. All supplies are provided. For more information, call 270-924-2020.
- JANUARY 25 & 26 – The Paris-Henry County Jaycees host the World’s Biggest Fish Fry Pageants at the Krider Performing Arts Center. Call 731-644-2517 or visit www.worldsbiggestfishfry.com for more information.
- Been fishin’ lately? Head out to one of the Paris Landing State Park Marina Fishing Tournaments. For more information, contact Rob Markum at 731-641-4475.
- FEBRUARY 1-26 – Continue to support our Helping Hand Radio Auction! See the schedule on pages 34-35 of this issue.
- FEBRUARY 2- Happy Groundhog Day! How many weeks until spring?
- FEBRUARY 6 – Give the “Gift of Life” at the Lifeline Blood Drive, First United Methodist Church, Blythe Street, from noon to 6 pm. Call 1-800-924-6572 for more information.
- FEBRUARY 6 – Primo Giovedit (First Thursday) Book Review Assembly will meet upstairs in Stella Nera, 100 N. Market Street at 5 pm. Discussion: Book you were assigned to read in school. Group is open to ages 20+, bring a friend. For information, contact Audrey Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FEBRUARY 8 – Learn the ancient craft of spinning. Beginning Spinners Workshop at the Land Between the Lakes’ Homeplace, 11 am – 3 pm. $25 registration fee, class size limited. All supplies are included in the fee. For more information or to reserved your space, call 270-924-2020.
- FEBRUARY 14 – Love is in the air, Happy Valentine’s Day!
- FEBRUARY 15 – Valentine’s Weekend with “The King” – Travis LeDoyt at the KPAC at 7 pm. Known as the world’s best young Elvis performer. Tickets are $27 and on sale now. For more information, call 731-644-2517.
- FEBRUARY 17 – President’s Day! No school in the Paris Special School District or the Henry County School System.
- FEBRUARY 22 – Come one, come all to the Mardi Gras Ball with proceeds benefiting the Paris-Henry County Heritage Center. Dinner and entertainment 6-10 pm at the Paris Country Club. For more information or to reserve a table, call 731-642-1030.
- FEBRUARY 25 – Yummy, yummy! Lion’s Club Chili Day at First United Methodist Church, 11 am-7 pm. For more information, call 731-642-4764.
- FEBRUARY 26- Last day to bid high and bid often! Call 731-644-1695 to scoop up one last goody from the Helping Hand Radio Auction.
- Head out fishin’ at one of the Paris Landing Marina Fishing Tournaments. For more information contact Rob Markum at 731-641-4475.
- MARCH 5 – Help save a life at the Lifeline Blood Drive, First United Methodist Church, Blythe Street, from noon to 6 pm. Call 1-800-924-6572 for more information.
- MARCH 5 – Primo Giovedit (First Thursday) Book Review Assembly will meet upstairs in Stella Nera, 100 N. Market Street at 5 pm. Discussion: A book published in the last year. Group is open to ages 20+, bring a friend. For information, contact Audrey Hamilton at email@example.com.
- MARCH 6 – Enjoy a comedy night with The Funniest Man in America, James Gregory! performing at KPAC, 7:30 pm. Tickets are $33 for generaladmission and $38 for preferred seating. For more information call 731-644-2517.
- MARCH 8 – APRIL 3 – Captured Moments: 28th Annual Photo Showcase is open to all ages to enter photography. For rule and entry forms, visit www.phcarts.com/photo-showcase. Free to the public at Rhea Library. For more information, call 731-642-3411.
- MARCH 8 – Spring forward, don’t be late! Daylight Savings Time begins.
- MARCH 15 – Spring issue of PARIS! Magazine is out!
Get in Touch
Contact us if you have questions about what PARIS! magazine can do for you.