Calendar of EventsWhat's happening in Paris and Henry County, TN
- JUNE 1 – Natonal Trail Day Mile Hike. Enjoy a morning in nature and explore Camp Hazelwood just a short drive from Paris Landing State Park, starting at 8 am. Discover the history of the park and explore the trails on beautiful Kentucky Lake during this fun, 3 mile moderate hike. For more information contact Amy O’Brien at 731-641-4465.
- JUNE 2-8 – It’s Downtown Paris Association Week! Be on the lookout for special activities including sales, live music, membership opportunities and more. Log on to www.VisitDowntown-Paris.com for more information. See the complete week-long schedule of events on the inside back cover of this magazine.
- JUNE 7 – Summer means blood shortages. Give from noon until 6 pm when Lifeline Bloodmobile visits First United Methodist Church in downtown Paris. For more information call 1-800-924-6572.
- JUNE 8 – Sammy Goldstein in Concert: Celebrating Hollywood, Broadway and Beyond at the Krider Performing Arts Center at 7 pm. Tickets are $25 general admission in advance or $30 at the door. VIP meet-and-greet tickets are also available. For more information call 731-644-2517.
- JUNE 8 – Head out to beautiful Kentucky Lake and make a day of it. Join Ranger Amy O’Brien for a guided hike along the Raptor Ridge Trail from 11 am – 12:30 pm. Ater that she’ll be guiding you on a kayak or canoe journey from 3-5 pm. For more information on either of these great outings contact Ranger Amy at 731-641-4465.
- JUNE 14 – Flag Day! Honor our flag and its meaning for the USA.
- JUNE 15 – Paris Landing Kids Triathlon at the Paris Landing State Park. All proceeds benefit the Real Hope Youth Center. Call 731-644-2517 or log on to www.parislandingkidstri.com for more information.
- JUNE 16 – Father’s Day! Ballgames, vacations, hunting, bedtime stories-remember the fun times with your Dad and celebrate with him today!
- JUNE 21 – First official day of summer!
- JUNE 20 – “Cheeseburger In Paradise” at the Breaker’s Marina from 6-10 pm. Need a break from all the fun in the sun? Cool down at this annual event that benefi ts the Henry County Carl Perkins Center. Entertainment by Josh McKee. Tickets $10. For more information contact 731-642-8455.
- JUNE 25 – The Downtown Paris Association is hosting another “Cruise In” on the east side of the courthouse in Paris. Classic cars, antique cars and those who just love to look at the cars can meet at 5:30 pm the fourth Tuesday in June, August, September and October. FREE! For more information go to www.VisitDowntownParis.com.
- JUNE 28-30 – Tennessee River Jam Music Festial will be in full swing with multiple artists singing throughout Henry County and the Lake area. For more information call 731-642-3431.
- JUNE 28-29 – KPAC Young Artists present “A Year with Frog and Toad KIDS” at 7 pm on Friday and 3 pm on Saturday. Performers are ages 5-10. Call 731-644-2517 for more information.
- JULY – Enjoy Paris Landing State Park Fishing Tournaments. Many tournaments are scheduled during the summer. For more information on dates, mes and weigh-ins call 731-641-4465.
- JULY 4 – Celebrate our Independence! Fly that red, white, and blue with PRIDE.
- JULY 4 – Water, live entertainment, picnicking and fi reworks await you and your family at Paris Landing State Park. Enjoy from land or water. For more information call 641-4465.
- JULY 4 – Freedom Festival 2019 will be held in Downtown Cottage Grove’s Cardinal Park, sponsored by Cottage Grove Volunteer Fire Department. Watch The P-I for schedule, including parade, music, food, and fi reworks. For information, call 731-782-3657, 731-642-8270, or 731-782-3559.
- JULY 13 – Marty Haggard In Concert at the KPAC at 7 pm. Oldest son of the legendary Merle Haggard, Marty shares stories of his past and father while performing some of his own original songs. For more information call 731-644-2517.
- JULY 13 – KPAC Young Artists Summer Chorus present “Broadway Melodies” at the Krider at 3 pm. For more informati on call 731-644-2517.
- JULY 19-20 – KPAC Young Artists present “Frozen JR.” at the Krider at 7 pm Friday and Saturday and 3 pm Sunday. Performers are ages 11-18. For more information, call Rhonda Stanton at 731-644-2517.
- JULY 20 – Raise your anchors! It’s the Annual Water Fun Run, sponsored by the Paris-Henry County Chamber of Commerce. For more information visit www.paristnchamber.com or call 731-642-3431.
- JULY 27 – Chill out with cool cars and cold ice cream at the 10th Annual Downtown Paris Association’s Ice Cream Social & Antique Car Show, 4-6:30 pm. Enjoy an all-you-can-eat
ice cream extravaganza in beautiful and historic Downtown Paris. For more information, log on www.visitdowntownparis.com.
- AUGUST – Fishing tournaments continue at Paris Landing State Park. For more information, call 731-641-4465.
- AUGUST 1 – Give blood and save a life! The Lifeline Blood Mobile will visit First United Methodist Church from noon until 6 pm. For information call Tammy
Hurst at 1-800-924-6572 extension 310.
- AUGUST 2 – All kids in the Paris Special School District and the Henry County School System return to school for an abbreviated day of classes!
- AUGUST 3-10 – FAIR WEEK! Grab some cotton candy, get thrilled on a carnival ride, admire a well-groomed steer during exhibition and see who won a blue ribbon at the Henry County Fair. For complete schedule call 731-641-9340.
- AUGUST 15 – PARIS! In Autumn hits the stands.
- JULY & AUGUST – Enjoy Paris Landing State Park Fishing Tournaments. Many tournaments are scheduled during the summer. For more information on dates, times and weigh-ins call 731-641-4465.
- Eat Fresh, Eat Local! – Find fresh, seasonal produce at the Farmer’s Market located at the Henry County Fairgrounds. Call 731-653-7274 for locations and hours.
- Learn about your health – the Henry County Medical Center offers FREE monthly seminars/screenings including Cardiac Rehab, Nutrition, Shopping Smart, Joint Replacement,
Chronic Disease Management, Childbirth, Medicare and more, Classes are free to the community but you must pre-register at 731-644-3463 or www.hcmc-tn.org/
- Too much sun? Come play inside at the Paris Civic Center’s indoor pool, track, weights and fitness room. Pay by the visit or become a member. Located on Volunteer Drive. Call 731-644-2517.
- Find your inner artist at Lee Academy for the Arts. For a complete schedule of singing, instrumental, pottery and other classes, visit www.SchoolForArts.org.
- Swim beneath the Eiffel Tower at Eiffel Tower Park swimming pool and enjoy the new slides, open daily 10 am-6 pm, Sundays 1-6 pm. For more info call 731-644-2517.
- “Oh The Places You’ll Go” if you head down to W. G. Rhea Library for a good book! Don’t forget to sign your child up for the summer reading program. For more information
- Enjoy a summer blockbuster at the Parisian Theatre with nightly showings and daily matinees on all six screens during the summer. For movie schedule and times call the
information line at 731-642-7171.
- Paris-Henry County Arts Council sponsors Trivia Night every fourth Monday of each month. Six-member teams, $10 per individual. Doors open at 5:30 pm for snacks; game
begins 6:30 pm, Perrylodigic Brewing. For info call 731-644-2517.
Get in Touch
Contact us if you have questions about what PARIS! magazine can do for you.